| Yes, weed is bad for you, so smoke a cinamon flavored expo marker. Lawmakers will require an ID for purchasing those only after it's too late. |
I'll say it right now, the law will pass.
Now technically if we go by the books in Nebraska, the legislative, executive, and judicial branches don't go by the traditional two party system. Legislators act like they have to, especially when taking anything up with fiery Ernie. Thing is though, when anything concerns kids, everyone jumps to the same side.
The reason for this is that no one wants to seem to be looking like they want to defy what is morally right for what is willfully pleasurable. For most cases though this is the best scenario. Alcohol is willfully pleasurable but that doesn't make it morally right for everyone, like dogs.
But with national polls showing signs that marijuana use is becoming more tolerable, but not by any majority, maybe we should reevaluate stances?
I have the fullest and utmost belief that at the end of this reevaluation our state's, even the nation's, commitment to standing against weed will be affirmed, but I feel the discussion is necessary just to pluck out the old information and strengthen new science and philosophies.
I do not support total and widespread weed legalization, we just cannot do that. Here's a good reason. But I also feel that we shouldn't criminalize students who are in good standing that use the drug (they need ramifications, but taking away federal student aid...seriously?) . I am conflicted.
Then you bring in these synthetics and oh my goodness does it just get more difficult.
Spice and K2 have even more amplified effects without as many of the carcinogens. And so it gets hard to play the game of drawing the line in the sand of where not to cross it.
Maybe it's just better to not play this game after all and just throw up our hands and say, "Game over!" for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment