Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman held a press conference this morning to comment on the resignation of Lieutenant Governor Rick Sheehy.
"I was very surprised. Like I say, I trusted him and that trust was broken." Heineman said about Sheehy's resignation in connection with phone records obtained from the Omaha World Herald.
The World Herald obtained records that thousands of late night phone calls to women had been made from Sheehy's government issued cell phone.
Commenting on Sheehy's bid for governor, Heineman said he could no longer support him.
The Governor said he will temporarily fill the position of Lietennant Governor and begin a search for a new one on Monday, but was not specific about any individuals he thought would be qualified for the job.
Heineman provided simple and straightforward answers in the conference yet did not release any further details on the story, referring requests to Sheehy himself and the Omaha World Herald.
Heineman said he supports the openness and transparency and was not offended by further requests for information about the developing story.
Sheehy Resignation Letter Omaha World Herald
Full Audio from KLIN
http://podcast.klin.com/klin/3843876.mp3
Video from Omaha World Herald
No comments:
Post a Comment