Saturday, February 2, 2013

Live Blog: Heineman Press Conference on Sheehy Resignation

Just sat down this morning to catch up on plenty of Nebraska blogs when my twitter stream shows that the Omaha World Herald announced that Sheehy is going to step down. Live televised Heineman speech here.

Heineman accepted Sheehy's resignation, Heineman became aware last night.

"He's resigned, I've accepted it, we're moving forward." - Heineman

"He's done a lot of good things for the state." - Heineman

Heineman will keep details of Sheehy resignation private.

Gov will not support Sheehy for gov race.

Prosecution up to AG John Bruning.

"I was very surprised, like I say, I trusted him and that trust was broken" - Heineman

Heineman will begin search for new LtGov on Monday

Heineman not disclosing details.

Heineman referring requests for information to Sheehy and Omaha World Herals

"This is unexpected, it's very serious, we need a Lieutenant Governor." - Heineman

"All I know is he resigned this morning" - Heineman

Governor not in contact with Sheehy today, last spoke with Sheehy on Friday.

Heineman answering questions about adjusting state tax system.

Heineman pleased to have conversation about elimination of income tax.

Heineman on income taxes: "This is a conversation we need to have."

No comments:

Post a Comment