| From UNL Lt. Gov Lavon Heidemann |
During the conference that Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman called, the governor introduced Heidemann and his wife Robin.
At the inauguration, which was followed with a question and answer session with the press, Heineman appeared happy with the events at hand.
Heidemann is a rancher from Elk Creek, Nebraska who has served in the Nebraska Legislature in the Appropriations Committee and a former school board member for Elk Creek.
"He is a proven, dedicated public servant for the citizens of Nebraska. He will complete this term as Lt. Governor with integrity, and I look forward to working with him as we continue to move Nebraska forward.” the Governor said in a press release.
Heidemann, who resigned from his newly granted postion on the board of regents for the University of Nebraska Lincoln to take lieutenant position said, "As soon as the offer was made I took the decision very seriously."
"I reached out to him because this is a man I respect." Heineman said at the press conference.
Heidemann said he prayed about taking the position and said that it was appropriate for him to accept the postion.
Heineman assured again and again that Heidemann is a well known and respected leader within his community and will serve the state well; addressing any concern or doubt about the new lieutenant governor and verifying his credibility.
Heineman said that he and his new co-worker were "very compatible."
"Together I think we'll make a good team," Heineman said.
The new Lieutenant Governor was sworn in by Nebraska Secretary of State John Gale at the Nebraska Legislature.
Inauguration and press conference audio from Nebraska Radio Network.
The new Lieutenant Governor's website.
No comments:
Post a Comment